There is nothing quite like a sweat session in an infrared sauna. Right after the infrared sauna session offered by Atlant Health Wellness in Midtown East New York, you will feel more relaxed and rested. Additionally, heat helps relieve sore muscles and improves your overall health and well-being. Sweating is one of the best and natural ways to detoxify the body. Unlike traditional saunas, infrared saunas have been proven to be superior to regular sauna in eliminating the body of toxins. Infrared saunas used in our New York wellness center do not heat the air around you, Infrared sauna warms your body directly and helps to penetrate at the cellular level.
Unique Properties of Infrared Sauna Detox
infrared sauna offers many health benefits
Infrared Sauna vs Traditional Sauna
- “These saunas use infrared panels instead of conventional heat to easily penetrate human tissue, heating up your body before heating up the air,” explains physical therapist, Vivian Eisenstadt, MAPT, CPT, MASP.
- If the high temperatures of a traditional sauna are just too much for you to handle, an infrared sauna may offer the benefits of a sauna without the extreme heat. An infrared sauna can operate at a lower temperature (usually between 120˚F and 140˚F) than a traditional sauna, which is typically between 150˚F and 180˚F. With the temperature set 120˚F, you can spend more time enjoying all the benefits of infrared sauna.
Benefits of Infrared Sauna
- clear and tighter skin
- improved circulation
- weight loss
- relief from sore muscles
- relief from joint pain such as arthritis
- clear and tighter skin
- better sleep
To find out more about Infrared Sauna call us today!
Philosophy Behind Infrared Sauna vs Traditional Sauna
Here at Atlant Health Wellness Center, we have chosen Radiant Health Saunas over other brands available on the market. Radian Health Saunas have been manufactured since 1997 and have been recommended by medical doctors, naturopaths, massage therapists, herbalists, acupuncturists, chiropractors, personal trainers and private clients. As more people learn about infrared saunas benefits, more products become available on the market with various claims of safety and efficacy. For a proven safe and effective infrared sauna experience Radiant Health Saunas® have been independently tested for Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) to ensure non-toxicity and have extremely low Electromagnetic Field (EMF) levels. For more info about safety, please read HERE… Read “Radiant Health Sauna Review – Best Sauna Ever Made?” by Matt Justice. Incredible engineering, solid craftsmanship with attention to every detail.
“Far infrared heat is a form of energy that directly heats objects. Human bodies naturally send and receive infrared waves, which are part of the Electromagnetic Spectrum – a range of all electromagnetic frequencies. This type of infrared sauna provides a much wider range of benefits than most regular infrared saunas that only typically use a far wavelength. Supporters of infrared saunas say the heat penetrates more deeply than warmed air. This allows you to experience a more intense sweat at a lower temperature. This environment is more tolerable, which allows you to stay in the sauna longer while increasing your core body temperature by two to three degrees.” – HealthLine
What to expect from Infrared sauna session?
At Atlant Health Wellness Center, we recommend enjoying at least 30-45 minutes in the infrared sauna, although the session is one hour. Our sauna room is totally private. Wear as little clothing as possible, or loose-fitting clothing that is breathable. Ideally, no clothing at all allows the best experience, especially in the infrared sauna. The Infrared is hindered by clothing so if any area is injured or needs special attention, it needs to have direct contact with the infrared light waves. We provide fresh towels and herbal teas. Looking forward to seeing you in our wellness center. Do not forget to rehydrate and remineralize. Still have questions about Infrared Sauna, please visit out FAQ Page for more answers.
Is Infrared Sauna Safe?
- Infrared Sauna is completely safe. All objects give off and receive infrared heat, including human bodies that naturally send and receive infrared waves, which are part of the Electromagnetic Spectrum. In fact, infrared is so safe, that hospitals use similar heaters to warm newborns. Infrared is a part of nature and essential for life.
What do I need to bring?
- You don’t need to bring anything. Or maybe your favorite book if you want to read. We will provide you with a towel to wrap yourself in, and the towel will be available for you to dry yourself at the end of the session.
Should I eat or drink before I arrive?
- For ideal results, we suggest not eating at least one hour before your sauna session. It is important to hydrate before, during and after your session.
Should I shower after sauna?
- No. We don’t recommend showering immediately after your session as you continue to sweat out toxins. You will be provided with herbal tea to hydrate. Additionally, we recommend to take minerals to replenish what you sweated out.
Ready for a change? Book your appointment now!
See what else we have to offer
Atlant Health provides a holistic colon hydrotherapy located in New York City. Our NYC Wellness Center has a staff of colon and lymphatic drainage therapists, who have diverse backgrounds and unique knowledge on the cleansing and detoxing lifestyle. We have extensive knowledge about the power and value of colon hydrotherapy through years of experience. Our colon hydrotherapy staff is available and devoted to guide you through health journey.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is a highly effective way to unclog blockages and congestions in the body, which allow lymphatic system to flow unobstructed. Explore many health benefits.
Cleanse, hydrate & reset. Colonic Hydrotherapy is our most sought-after treatments for health and well-being that removes impacted waste and toxins from the large intestine, or colon.